Project Management Institute History
Since its founding in 1969, Project Management Institute (PMI) continues to be vital and forward thinking - focused on the needs of project management professionals worldwide. An acknowledged pioneer in the field with a membership that truly represents a global community with more than 220,000 professionals, representing 150 countries. PMI professionals come from virtually every major industry including, aerospace, automotive, business management, construction, engineering, financial services, information technology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and telecommunications.
PMI establishes project management standards, provides seminars, educational programs and professional certification that more and more organizations desire for their project leaders.
The Michiana Chapter was chartered in 2004 and in 2019 there are more than 175+ members in the Michiana area.
The Michiana Chapter provides the opportunity to network with other Project Management professionals and practitioners in a diverse range of industries in the Michiana area to share project experiences, effective project management techniques and tools, and valuable lessons learned are among the many benefits.
- Provide value to our members.
- Increase awareness among Corporate Management about the importance of project management in their organizations.
- Increase awareness of PMI certification process.
- Formally document and implement the Tactical and Strategic Processes.
- Improve communications with members and public.