Vacant is the serving VP of Membership.
Responsibility: The VP Membership shall be accountable for the needs assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of a Chapter membership plan that contributes to the achievement of the Chapter’s long-term strategy and sustainability.
Job Description: VP Membership is a direct liaison to the entire Chapter membership and is an advocate for the professional needs of the Chapter.
- Support the Chapter’s annual Business Plan through overall stewardship of the Membership portfolio and its performance.
- Liaise with current and prospective members.
- Identify and facilitate when appropriate, products and services that are not already provided to members via Professional Development or Program portfolios.
- Provide monthly, periodic, and annual reporting on relevant topics.
- Retain and archive permanent records associated with this position.
- Develop and implement a Chapter Membership Plan
- Ensure continued growth through proactive recruiting, retention and member engagement, including the establishment of measurable goals and the monitoring of success metrics for appropriate action
- Develop and implement a Community Outreach Plan including commercial, not-for-profit and other professional associations
- Customer Service
- Answer general member/non-member information inquiries and other requests for assistance with membership and its benefits
- Support and attend annual general meeting and all chapter meetings as appropriate
- Primary user of the Chapter Reporting System (CRS) for analysis and reporting of membership data
- Maintain the membership records of the chapter
- Provide communication list/member updates to officers as requested
- Coordinate the production and distribution of timely membership reports, such as monthly membership reports by demographics (city, state, age, industry, etc.)
- Market Research
- Review and analyze member satisfaction survey data and enhance membership benefits
- Develop and administer lapsed (non-renewal) member survey
- Analyze and integrate survey feedback for inclusion in the strategic/operational planning
- Marketing and Member Engagement:
- Develop and implement membership welcome and support plan including the promotion of PMI and chapter membership value
- Communicate member value through various delivery methods in alignment with the Membership Benefits Package
- Utilize membership marketing materials available through the PMI Marketing Portal
- Develop and implement a rewards and recognition program plan to recognize member milestones (such as anniversaries or awards)
- Develop and implement succession and transition plan