Mrs. Sharri Tafelski is the reigning Chapter President.
Responsibility: The President is responsible for overall Chapter governance, leading strategic and operational planning, aligning our operations with membership needs, and ensuring our financial sustainability.
Job Description: The Chapter President is responsible for developing and ensuring that the Board is working towards the Strategy and Vision of the Chapter. The President is a liaison with other PMI chapters and is responsible for outward facing communications to the PMI community.
- Stewardship of the Chapter’s strategy (mission, vision and strategic objectives).
- Monitor performance of the Board and its individual Directors.
- Plan for Board members’ succession, including appointment of replacement Board members to vacant positions.
- Define/form Committees and appoint Committee positions; e.g., Nominating Committee members for each election year, Committee Project Managers (chairpersons) and representatives to Task Teams with Board approval.
- Implement effective and efficient Board policies, procedures, roles and structures.
- Develop Board meeting and General Meeting schedules and agendas and preside over all Board meetings and General Meetings.
- Report to PMI Global Operations Center on a monthly, periodic, and annual reporting basis, including the submission of the annual application for Charter renewal.
- Liaise with PMI Global Operations Center and other PMI components and organizations.
- Pursue and develop alliances with other organizations, agencies, businesses and individuals to further the Chapter’s purpose and strategic objectives.
- Retain and archive permanent records associated with this position